Since the controversial IMAX building was pulled down the Pier Approach area has proved itself a popular venue for holding mass sporting events, open-air film screenings and festivals. But the one area in which this performance space really excels is its ability to pull in the crowds for live music productions.
This summer, between 4 July and 12 August there’s a vibrant programme of musical acts and bands tuning up to perform to the beach-going masses enjoying the Bournemouth sunshine in this beautifully decorated, tropical-tinted outdoor stage area.
The performances are absolutely free and while you may get a few musos muscling to the front to check out the intricacies in the playing you get just as many people inspired to test out their dancing feet and show off their fancy footwork from their spot in the audience!
This summer’s line-up covers a wide variety of musical acts including SKA and jive, swing, disco, pop and classical with cover bands, tribute acts and original compositions on the most scenic stage in town and there are performances most afternoons and evenings.
Onstage at Pier Approach line-up August 2017
- Friday 4 – The Southern Companion (2-4pm), Adam Tuffrey (8-9.30pm)
- Saturday 5 – Loose Chippings (2-4pm), Abba Tribute (8-10.30pm)
- Sunday 6 – Tim Somerfield (2-4pm), Pops Orchestra (8-10pm)
- Monday 7 – Hazy (7-9pm)
- Tuesday 8 – 2Faced Dance (2:30-2:50pm and 4-4:20pm)
- Wednesday 9 – Nicole McNally (4-5pm), Aphrodite Singers (7-9:30pm)
- Thursday 10 – Urban Swarvy (3-5pm), Rooster (7:30-9:30pm)
- Friday 11 – The Royal Ts (3-5pm), TBC (7.30-9.30pm)
- Saturday 12 – The Red Fez (2-4pm), Pandora’s Jukebox (8-10:30pm)