Whether you’re always the first one on the dancefloor or you usually need to build up your nerve before going in for a boogie, Dancing Terraces at Pavilion Dance South West (PDSW) leaves you no excuse but to embrace the beat.
This completely free event runs from 7 to 9pm on Friday and Saturday evenings from the end of July and all through August on the terrace of Bournemouth’s Pavilion Theatre, with the Friday events offering the ideal warmup for the popular Friday Night Fireworks at Bournemouth Pier.
Dancing Terraces are outdoor family dance classes in a range of styles including Bollywood, African, Salsa, Ceildh, Dance Club beats, 1940s vintage and FIERCE! The opening weekend will present an African Dance workshop on Friday 28 July 7-9pm and Street Dance for Young People (11:30-12pm and 2-2:30pm) and 1940s Social Dance (all ages) on Saturday 29th.
Dancing Terraces line-up
- Friday 28 July: African Dance
- Saturday 29 July: Street Dance for Young People (afternoon); 1940s Social Dance (evening)
- Friday 4 August: Bollywood
- Saturday 5 August: Salsa
- Friday 11 August: Latin Fit
- Saturday 12 August: Ceilidh
- Friday 18 August: African Dance
- Saturday 19 August: Dance Club Beats
- Friday 25 August: FIERCE!
- Saturday 26 August: 1940s Social Dance
You never know, you might end up finding a new talent you want to pursue. But if you still end your class feeling more Fred Bassett than Fred Astaire Dancing Terraces is still a great way to loosen up, socialise and exercise while enjoying Bournemouth’s intoxicating sea air and spending nothing more than your time.